We have gain chosen to run our Be2Camp flagship event, celebrating the application of social media in the architecture, engineering, construction and sustainability fields during London social Media Week
The half-day event will be held on Wednesday 26 September at the Building Centre in London WC1, and – like last year – will be a lively mix of awards showcasing best practice in technology and social media and informative talks from leading thinkers on technology, sustainability and the built environment.
Be2Awards nominations open
Please submit your nominations for the awards short-lists. The categories include:
- Built environment blogger of the Year
- Best sustainability blog
- Best AEC social media blog
- Best use of Twitter
- Best AEC collaboration platform
- Best AEC community, network or community application
- Best use of Web 2.0 for construction products
- Best location-based AEC application
- Best ‘internet of things’ application
- Best mobile application
- Best virtual or hybrid event
- Be2 media award
- Best use of social media in an AEC PR campaign
- Best use of social media in an AEC marketing campaign
- Best AEC education and learning project
- Best charity, third sector use of social media
- Best AEC use of photo / video
To nominate, you will need to login on the Be2Awards website (if you haven’t previously done so, click ‘login’ at the top left-hand corner, then add your registration detail; once your registration has been accepted, you will be able to make your nominations). Being Web 2.0 people, our nomination process uses an online discussion board. You may nominate once in as many categories as you like; candidates may be eligible in more than one category.
The 2011 Awards (see shortlists and successful candidates here) saw over 100 nominations across these categories, and we expect even more competition this year.
Sponsors - Meantime, we are also looking for sponsors. We have vacancies for a main sponsor and we ideally want sponsors for every category (this will help cover event expenses and ensure a top-notch event). If you can help, please get in touch.
Involved in Sustainability Communications? Do two events in one day
We have been working with the Guardian‘s Sustainable Business initiative, which is holding its own Social Media for Sustainability event in London during Social Media Week. The half-day training course is at the Guardian‘s offices near King’s Cross station on the morning of 26 September - so you can take in both events! (see also Be2Awards news)