Martin has close on 35 years experience within the built environment sector, in project management, businesses improvements and independent consultancy within the UK and internationally.
Through fairsnape, Martin supports activities and improvements in sustainability, social media, collaboration, excellence and foresight (futures) within the design, construction, facilities management and regeneration sectors.
Martin comments regularly on construction and facilities management issues through his internationally recognised isite blog, through twitter and other networks and forums.
He lives within the Forest of Bowland, Lancashire with his partner, three children and an increasing number of free range chickens
He has successfully managed large complex construction projects, led successful ISO 9000 and 14000 accreditations for a variety of organisations, supported many successful bids, and assisted organisations on a multitude of improvement projects.
Martin has been, and remains, extensively involved in many built environment and related national improvement programmes, driving improvements in excellence, collaboration and sustainability within design, construction and facilities management.
He has considerable experience as a workshop facilitator, EFQM assessor, value management facilitator, quality and environmental auditor, benchmarking practitioner and futures researcher.
Portfolio : contact for more …
- Sustainability – leading and supporting sustainability improvement, providing awareness and guidance to organisations and coaching on carbon management,
- Support and advice on collaboration and team building issues
- Improving bid skill potential – delivering direct support to organisations and series of training modules on bid development, submission and presentation skills
- Facilitating and supporting communities of practice across organisations
- Futures – supporting and helping organisations understand futures as part of strategy and objective setting
- Mentoring and coaching for bid and quality managers, academics and researchers
- Benchmarking – facilitation and training for benchmark groups and community of practice
- Training – providing in-company, public, academic and institute modules and courses on a range of business, sustainability, project management and quality improvement themes
- Communications – helping organisations understand and embrace connectivity through social networks, blogs and internet use
Learning: contact for more …
- Constructing Excellence Collaborative Working Champion
- Local Construction Best Practice Clubs
Academia – links with UCLAN, University of Salford and Turku Poly / Helsinki Uni of Technology (Finlandspace
Sustainable Development Commission – Panel member for The Government’s independent watchdog on sustainable development
Related: contact for more …
- Photographic and imaging services for presentations
- Second Life – exploring opportunities in virtual environments for real life improvements
- Presentation skills – training and coaching
- Web related coaching (assisting SME’s access information and knowledge)
- Benchmarkwalks – combining learning and sharing with guided walks