Phil Clarke at Building Mag @zerochamp has asked me to be a champion for the forthcoming Building magazine’s Sustainability Now virtual event taking place 13 and 14 May.
Still awaiting details, but I will be online in the discussion lounge on the 14th May and look forward to chatting with you there (and hopefuly drinking virtual champagne with Mel and others?)
I will be in great company with fellow green bloggers:
- Lucy Pedler, an architect founder of the influential body The Green Register, which has a membership of 600 influential sustainable professionals
- Principal at green consultancy Inbuilt and green blogger Mel Starrs, who writes at Elemental
- One of the sector’s most popular figures on Twitter, blogger Su Butcher – a practice manager at architect Barefoot & Gilles who blogs at Just Practising.
A detailed agenda for the event should be available next week. In the meantime here’s a bit of a snapshot of the type of content at the show:
- Live seminar on refurbishing existing houses with the Energy Saving Trust
- Discussions on issues such as PassivHaus design, the zero carbon definition and the CRC
- Videos from Ecobuild
- Some content from Bioregional on their views on sustainable legislation and updates from their projects
- A survey on BREEAM 2008
To take part in the online event sign up here Its Free ! with the benefits you’d get from major conferences without the travel and from your home / office computer.