In addition to including innovative content and experience in bids, be sure to make use of freely available social media that can demonstrate how innovative and forward thinking your organisation is.
- link to innovative products, processes and or awards for example
- link to your project blogs for example
- link to your staff linkedin profiles, in particular your proposed project manager!
- link to your twitter profile
- link to your organisation pages on linkedin or facebook
- link to any relevant presentations or slides on slideshare
- and of course make use of URL shorteners (such as http://bit.ly/) to allow links to be used when the document is printed
Not only will such use of social media show innovative flair, it is for the time being a real differentiator, and makes maximum use of word limits.
However, as with all submissions ensure that content and any links are independently checked, either in house or externally, allowing good time to make amendments and improvements before submitting to your client.