A Summary of Green Deal Consultation Responses collated via twitter:
The public consultation process for Green Deal closed last Wednesday with DECC reporting over 600 responses. It will be interesting how DECC make sense of all. A quick read through those made public via twitter (listed below) indicate:
- A general agreement for the Green Deal process and benefits for industry.
- Need for more clarity on funding mechanics and links to other initiatives
- Concerns for SME’s
- Concerns for generating demand
- Little mention of timescale (although there is a call for delayed introduction for commercial sector)
- More than one of the response listed below call for the introduction of a Green Deal Project Manager, to site along site the Provider, Funders and Installers.
- SME’s in particular should prepare for Green Deal if they dont want to miss the boat.
Next step in the Green Deal run-up is the issue of PAS 2030, expected during January.
These responses indicate that Green Deal will happen, most likely in October, the orginal commencement date but that DECC have a lot of refining to do, in a very short time. In the meanwhile SME’s should start preparing for Green Deal.
Recommendations for preparation include:
- Understand your clients intentions – this will be your Green Deal workflow.
- Understand PAS2030 and skill levels required, without which you cannot deliver Green Deal any work.
- Look at your own organisation – is it a good example of being green, sustainable?
- Be visible – engage with events, get involved with green deal conversations across social media eg twitter, shout out about your preparation and achievements
Links to public responses: (if you know of any more please add in comments)
- The @RIBA response to the #GreenDeal consultation: http://bit.ly/xBkkTV
- CIOB Green Deal response now live at http://ow.ly/8yM6I “CIOB looks for Carrot and Stick in Green Deal
- Green Deal Needs a Radical Boost to Succeed, warns Federation of Master Builders http://wp.me/p1gC6-wq
- New report on Green Deal + ECO from UKACE “Dead Cert” summary http://t.co/YCjLnci9
- CBI joins chorus of concern over #GreenDeal plans http://flpbd.it/W2hH
- Caution urged over Green Deal proposals – http://t.co/hGFEPaZp – submitted by @KingspanRenew via http://t.co/r5HEalpp
- Square Pegs and Round Holes – Why the Govt’s #greendeal can’t fail http://t.co/98BgUcrY #energy #climate change
- Knauf Insulation #greendeal response is on the website http://bit.ly/AoCTg8
- Industry body calls for delay to Green Deal for non-domestic market http://bit.ly/weUkQW
- Construction Products Association : ‘Closed shop’ fear for Green Deal’ http://bit.ly/yskx0H
- Baxi responds to Green Deal consultation http://bit.ly/w9Q4Ga
- CBI and Green Alliance call for government to step up efforts to promote Green Deal http://bit.ly/xyjXyT