APPLY for a RESTORE Short Term Scientific Mission !
Interested in bringing Restorative Sustainability expertise to your country? Then apply for STSM within a Specific Areas of Interest.
Short Term Scientific Missions in RESTORE
STSMs are research visits to a host institution where the applicant will perform research activities that advance the objectives of RESTORE. STSMs must be between 5 and 90 days (although, they may exceed that duration in specific instances for Early Career Investigators). STSMs are financially supported by the Action with a fixed contribution of up to 2500 EUR.
- Propose a related STSM area of interest related to the RESTORE Cost Action
- Select a Host Institution that has the knowledge you seek to receive
- Make your innovative proposal to study what you cannot in your country
- Make your case, why is your study important, how will you use it to expand understanding in your country and abroad and GO!
- Applications Open 01 June 2017
- Applications Close 30th June 2017
- STSM can begin in July 2017
- STSM and reporting must be completed by February 28, 2018
STSM Areas of Interest
You may apply for an STSM related to the following areas of interest, or alternatively for an STSM related to the working group descriptions and key themes.
- Historical evolution and changing paradigms of “Sustainability” since 1987 / Brundtland (mapping and evaluating objectives, key themes and topics in WG1, see Appendix A)
- Challenges and Opportunities identified by a) existing and b) emerging built environment sustainability standards, and c) the Sustainable Development Goals
- Influencing factors & frameworks for Restorative Sustainability
- Outdoor Space Comfort Performances Design. New Processes and Emerging Tools to Adapt to Climate Change.
- Processes and Tools for Building Up-cycling Design and Circular Economy.
Short Term Scientific Mission (STSM) committee lead:
Michael Burnard: firstname.lastname@example.org.