This free ebook from Guardian Sustainability Business contains excellent, innovative and inspiring case studies that should be read by directors, senior and sustainability managers across construction.
“At a time when multiple social, environmental and economic challenges face the world, instances of true leadership and innovation can be game changing and offer a much-needed light in the dark.
However, ensuring these examples of excellence are shared, embraced and learnt from can often be a tricky feat when the business landscape is so innately complex”
Built Environment related case studies include:
- BAM Nuttall: peer-led training unlock wealth of hidden talents
- British Land: chain reaction in building design
- Skanska: working with rivals for the greater good
- Interface: net gains for poor coastal communities
- M&S: proud to be the biggest – and the greenest
- URS: how to build a big building with a small footprint
- The Co-operative: landmark HQ designed with environment in mind
- Kebony: hardwood alternative that’s soft on the environment
- Royal Mail: LED lights the way to energy savings
- Hastoe Group: lays the blueprint for sustainable communities
“If a company wants to see a future then 80% of what it will have to learn will be from outside its own industry.” (Gary Hamel)
… real inspiration and innovation for those of us in construction and the built environment will come from learning from those outside of the sector, on themes of communications, carbon, employee engagement, biodiversity and more.